- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb thin chicken breasts (either purchase thin or pound them)
- 3 cups shaved brussels sprouts
- 2 bunches kale, de-stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup segmented orange
- 1 cup chopped apple
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- In a glass jar combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, shallots, honey, dijon mustard and salt and pepper and shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour ½ of that mixture into a large ziplock bag and add in chicken breasts, then seal the bag to let the chicken marinate for at least one hour but overnight is great!
- When you are ready to cook, heat the grill to medium high heat and grill the chicken breasts for 4 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- You can either buy shaved brussels sprouts or thinly slice them yourself! Combine brussels and kale in a large bowl and toss with remaining vinaigrette. Toss to combine then massage the dressing into the greens for a minute. Sprinkle greens with a pinch of salt and toss again.
- Pour greens into a serving bowl and top with the cooked chicken, orange, apple, golden raisins and toasted pine nuts.
- *If you want you can add some goat cheese too!