- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil (refined for no coconut flavor), you can use light olive oil too
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Start with soaking the raw cashews in a bowl covering them in water for 4-12 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl combine peanut butter, egg, coconut sugar and baking soda.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into each muffin liner and flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, then use the bottom of a wooden spoon, or the bottom of a jar of spices to press down the middle of the cookie to make it into a cup. Then let them cool.
- Once the cashews are done soaking drain water and add to a high powered blender or food processor with remaining ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Put cashew mixture in ziplock bag with cut off the tip.
- Once cookies have cooled, squeeze cashew mixture into the cookie cups.
- Put them in the freezer for 30 minutes, then melt chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle the melted chocolate on top.
- Freeze for at least another hour to harden, then store in a ziplock bag in the freezer.