- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 1 lb chopped chicken breasts (raw) chopped
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water (or chicken stock for extra flavor)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- ½ cup ranch dressing*
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Place a pot (like a dutch oven) over medium heat.
- Cook chopped bacon until crispy then remove and set aside. Drain all but 1 tbsp of bacon grease from the pot and return it to the heat.
- Place the chicken in the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Return bacon to pot and add rice, water, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat to low.
- Add cauliflower and ranch dressing and mix to combine, then cover.
- Cook for 35 min, checking halfway through to stir.
- Then remove the lid, add kale and cook for another 5 minutes uncovered.
*Use a paleo ranch to keep it dairy free