One-Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Rice
Are you ready to meet your new favorite weeknight dinner recipe? It’s definitely going to be this one-pot chicken bacon ranch rice!! I am so excited to be back in the kitchen making recipes now that our sweet boy Milo is now almost 6 weeks old. It’s been so lovely to soak up the newborn cuddles all day but now I am so happy to get some work done and feel productive… followed by more cuddles of course! Now that we have 2 kiddos, dinner can be even harder to get together. When I made this recipe, we all ate it up so quickly and knew it was going to be a staple from here on out. It’s great for kiddos because it tastes like a big bowl of ranch dressing, but it has kale and hidden cauliflower packed inside too! I love adding cauliflower to dishes like this because it basically just falls apart and mixes into everything so you can’t even tell it’s there. If you want this recipe to be dairy free, use a paleo ranch dressing! The Whole30 team just came out with a ranch dressing that is sold at Thrive Market and it is delicious and has great clean ingredients. You can also even use homemade ranch dressing if you are feeling ambitious!
Extra ranch on top because why not?!
We think bacon can go in anything, here are a few more bacon meals to enjoy!
Pin the image below to save this One-Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Rice recipe for later!
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 1 lb chopped chicken breasts (raw) chopped
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water (or chicken stock for extra flavor)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- ½ cup ranch dressing*
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Place a pot (like a dutch oven) over medium heat.
- Cook chopped bacon until crispy then remove and set aside. Drain all but 1 tbsp of bacon grease from the pot and return it to the heat.
- Place the chicken in the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Return bacon to pot and add rice, water, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat to low.
- Add cauliflower and ranch dressing and mix to combine, then cover.
- Cook for 35 min, checking halfway through to stir.
- Then remove the lid, add kale and cook for another 5 minutes uncovered.
*Use a paleo ranch to keep it dairy free