- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 ½ cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup cubed thick cut ham
- 3 large russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 3 ½ cups stock
- 1 cup peas
- Salt and Pepper
- Place a stock pot over medium heat and oil to the pan to heat.
- Add onion, garlic and carrots and saute for 3-5 min.
- Add cubed ham and continue for cook for 5 minute stirring occasionally.
- Remove the onion, garlic, carrot and ham mixture and place in a bowl.
- Then add chopped potato and stock to the pot bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook potatoes for 20-25 minutes.
- Once potatoes are fork tender, turn off the stove.
- With your immersion blender, blend around half the potatoes to create a thick soup while leaving some chunks of potato.
- Add onion, carrots and ham back into the pot and add peas. Season with salt and pepper to taste.