- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup of chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped candy canes/ peppermint candies
- Add the almond & cashews to a food processor and pulse until nuts are the size of peas. Add the dates, peppermint extract, water and salt and process on high until it comes together. Then add in the crisp rice cereal and pulse to combine.
- If it is crumbly and not coming together add 1 tablespoon more of water! Once the ball has formed, scoop the mixture out and roll into balls. Place the balls on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator while you prep the chocolate.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then again for 30 seconds, until it is completely melted.
- Remove the balls from the fridge and dip each one in the chocolate, then dip the chocolate part in the crushed candy canes and place back on the parchment paper. Then drizzle with more chocolate and place in the fridge to harden!