Chocolate Peppermint Energy Truffles
It doesn’t have to be December to start treating yourself to all of the chocolate peppermint goodness!! I am SO pumped about this recipe because they are the perfect mix of naughty and nice! These Chocolate Peppermint Energy Truffles are filled with nuts and dates to up the nutrients, then slightly dipped in chocolate and some peppermint candy to make them really feel like a truffle treat. I am not ashamed to admit I ate through the batch of these really quickly and now have 2 saved in the fridge I am not letting myself touch until this blog post is out so I can show them on IG again!! Although who am I kidding, I am going to make another batch any day now. When it comes to holiday flavors, I can get on board with some pumpkin spice action but when it comes to chocolate and peppermint – watch out world!! I can’t wait to get some peppermint ice cream from the store and coat with my paleo chocolate syrup. Ugh, being pregnant during the holidays is a blessing and a curse!
Speaking of being pregnant, i’m 33.5 weeks!! This whole time I have just been so excited to have a little baby and thinking of all of the great sweet baby moments and just this week I started to remember it’s also really hard. Sooo now I’m mentally preparing a bit more and it’s feeling super real and like it’s coming super soon. Still so excited though! I love the fact that you never know when the baby will come and it’s like a fun surprise you know will happen at some point. That reminds me, I should probably make a huge batch of these and freeze some for when he arrives!
I am most certain that chocolate is our love language, so we have some yummy links for you to try:
Pin the image below to save this Chocolate Peppermint Energy Truffle recipe for later!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup of chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped candy canes/ peppermint candies
- Add the almond & cashews to a food processor and pulse until nuts are the size of peas. Add the dates, peppermint extract, water and salt and process on high until it comes together. Then add in the crisp rice cereal and pulse to combine.
- If it is crumbly and not coming together add 1 tablespoon more of water! Once the ball has formed, scoop the mixture out and roll into balls. Place the balls on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator while you prep the chocolate.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then again for 30 seconds, until it is completely melted.
- Remove the balls from the fridge and dip each one in the chocolate, then dip the chocolate part in the crushed candy canes and place back on the parchment paper. Then drizzle with more chocolate and place in the fridge to harden!