- 1 lb brown rice pasta*
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 ½ cups autumnal harvest pasta sauce*
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder + 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups dairy free cheddar cheese shreds*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions then drain and set aside in a bowl.
- As the pasta cooks, place a large skillet (12 inches) over medium heat.
- Add in pork sausage and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks. Add kale to the skillet, toss to combine and cook for another minute. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Remove the sausage and kale mixture from the skillet and add it to the bowl with the cooked pasta but leave the skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl or pyrex measuring cup combine 1 ½ cups of autumnal harvest pasta sauce and 1 cup of water and mix to combine.
- Pour that mixture into the still hot skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the arrowroot + water mixture and stir with a whisk quickly to combine and thicken the sauce. Then quickly add in the cheese and stir to combine and melt.
- Once the cheese has melted, let the mixture simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta, sausage and kale mixture into the sauce and toss to combine. Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Any pasta works for this!
- Dairy free shredded cheese I recommend: Daiya or Violife
- You can also use regular shredded cheddar cheese if not dairy free
- For the pasta sauce, if you aren’t dairy free you can also use the trader joe’s version if you don’t want to make it yourself.