- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- Add thinly sliced red onion to a mason jar and push them down a bit.
- In a glass measuring cup combine apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, salt and water.
- Microwave for 45 seconds and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over the red onions and let sit at room temperature to cool for an hour, then put the lid on and store in the refrigerator.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!