- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups dry brown rice pasta (penne, fusilli)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- Place a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat and add oil to the pot.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally until it starts to brown then add in chopped bell peppers and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, coconut milk, water, pasta and spices and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil cooking for about 15 minutes from the time you add everything, or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Season to taste as needed with salt and pepper.