One Pot Turkey Curry Pasta
Who doesn’t love a One Pot meal? This is one of those recipes that I threw together one night when I was short on time and wanted something delicious and it turned out amazing! I knew I had to recreate it for the blog and I am so happy it has a home now. This recipe is dairy free and gluten free when you use brown rice pasta, which is my fave to use lately. The brown rice fusilli pasta from Trader Joe’s might just be my favorite! But of course you can use any pasta you like, except those chickpea pastas, they don’t like being one pot wonders! There is ground turkey in there that you cook before adding everything else, but if you are vegetarian or just want it as a side instead of a full meal, you can either leave out the meat or add chopped sweet potatoes to start.
Today also just so happens to be the start of fall so these easy warming meals are just the best! It always ends up staying warm through October here in Southern California but that doesn’t stop me from making all of the fall things. I just need them for my soul!!
How good does this bowl look?!
Pin the image below to save this One Pot Turkey Curry Pasta recipe for later!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups dry brown rice pasta (penne, fusilli)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- Place a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat and add oil to the pot.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally until it starts to brown then add in chopped bell peppers and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, coconut milk, water, pasta and spices and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil cooking for about 15 minutes from the time you add everything, or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Season to taste as needed with salt and pepper.