Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Asparagus Skillet
After I made the Creamy Harvest Skillet last year, I knew I had to make another one with some different flavors and veggies. This Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Asparagus Skillet is such a winner, mostly because it has my favorite flavor combo – lemon and rosemary! It also screams spring which I know we all need when it’s still winter but you want to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Even though it was 80 degrees in southern California over the weekend, it already dropped to a blustery 60 sooo trust me I know (insert laughing emoji to show my sarcasm). It really was an incredibly beautiful weekend and it reminded me how much happier I am when it’s warm outside! It totally changes my mood because Matt and I always get out of the house when it’s nice and go do something but when it is cold and overcast we hole up and order food. I’m pretty sure that’s because I was born and raised in so cal and it’s in my blood! Getting outside and getting busy is NECESSARY with a toddler though. Ruth is an awesome kid, but too much time inside can make her grumpy and just going into the backyard to play around instantly makes me happier and more calm. It’s so good for me too! So after a day of running around town and our yard, an easy meal like this is so nice to be able to whip together and it’s nice that everyone likes it.
Skillet Dinner are for sure a fan favorite for everyone, so we gathered a few more recipes:
Nutrition Facts: Spring is asparagus season so get excited!!
Asparagus is not a vegetable that all people love, especially by its self. One reason for this is the asparagusic acid in asparagus that produces many sulfurous byproducts that give your pee a rotten-like smell. And the crazy thing is the smell can show up in as little as 15 minutes after consumption! However, asparagus is a classy vegetable edition to any meal and comes with a high nutrient profile, so adding this yummy ingredient into your diet a few times a month would be very beneficial! Asparagus is very low calorie, coming in at 20 calories per serving and is high in many essential nutrients such as insoluble fiber, Vitamins A, C and K as well as providing 34% dietary recommended intake for folate! This is great to know for those pre-pregnancy ladies or anyone who is currently expecting! Dig in my friends.
Pin the image below to save this Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Asparagus Skillet recipe for later!Print
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped potato
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups chopped or shredded chicken*
- Place a pan over medium heat and add 2 tbsp oil to the pan. Once the pan is warm, add in onion and potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally for 5-7 more minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Season with salt.
- Once veggies are cooked, remove them from the pan into a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl or pyrex measuring cup combine arrowroot powder, chicken stock, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic powder and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the still hot pan and cook while whisking for about 1 minute until the sauce has thickened.
- Add back in the veggies and add the chicken then season to taste with salt and pepper.