Veggie Packed Chicken Nuggets
It’s time to introduce you to your new favorite chicken nugget! I gotta say, I was blown away with how good these were. I wanted to make them paleo but have a crispy and tasty outside, so I used some Simple Mills almond flour crackers! I just ground them up in a blender to make bread crumbs and that was it. I also used ground chicken so you can easily mix in veggie and they have the consistency of a fast food chicken nugget. This is the kind of recipe that I know will stay in our rotation for years because Matt tried one and his eyes rolled to the back of his head, then ruth ate them for dinner and it is so hard to get her to like meat most days! I took a video I am going to post on IGTV tomorrow showing you how easily these come together. And they are delicious when served with my Whole30 compliant ketchup. Because what are chicken nuggets without ketchup?!
Crispy and flavorful!!
Need some ideas to finish your dinner menu, we have you covered!
Pin the image below to save this Veggie Packed Chicken Nuggets recipe for later!Print
- ½ cup shredded sweet potato
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 cups paleo crackers
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor combine shredded sweet potato and chopped broccoli. Blend until veggies are very finely chopped.
- Add in ground chicken, salt, garlic powder and onion powder to the food processor and blend until smooth and combined.
- In a blender or food processor add paleo crackers and blend until pulverized and resemble bread crumbs. Pour those crumbs into a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them with a fork to combine.
- Scoop chicken into nugget shapes (using slightly wet hands so it doesn’t stick to you) and place them one by one, first in the egg mixture to coat, then the cracker crumbs to coat.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add oil to the pan. Once the pan is hot add nuggets. Cook for about 30 seconds – 1 minute on each side (until lightly browned), then place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 14 more minutes until cooked through.