Sheet Pan Kale & Chicken Sausage Salad
This salad is almost too easy to even call it a recipe but those are the best kind! It can be dinner or lunch and has all of the best components – kale, chicken sausage, sweet potatoes, and pomegranate seeds. I have been all about salads this year! They are just the easiest thing to make when i’m running around doing a million things. And for some reason the only way a salad can really feel filling enough to last me to my next meal is if I pack it with sweet taters! If you know me by now you know that sweet potatoes are my favorite thing ever. I roast them constantly to have on hand for salads but also for Ruthie because she is obsessed (must be in our blood!).
For the chicken sausage, I love Aidell’s because I get the big pack at Costco and it is whole30 compliant. You can also find lots of options at Trader Joe’s – some Whole30 and some not, all great though! And can we talk about warm salads? I LOVE THEM! On colder days when I still want my greens, kale is the go to because it holds up so well to heat! This recipe won’t wilt the kale but just warm it perfectly. I can’t wait for you to try it out!
Isn’t it beautiful?!
These are all great components to a recipe, we have a few more with them:
Pin the image below to save this Sheet Pan Kale & Chicken Sausage Salad recipe for later!Print
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 bunches kale, de-stemmed & thinly sliced
- 2 chicken apple sausages, sliced
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes to the pan and toss with 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon garlic powder. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes roast, in a small bowl combine oil, lemon juice, dijon & garlic powder and whisk to combine. Pour that dressing over the kale in a bowl and toss to coat.
- After the sweet potatoes have cooked for 30 minutes, toss them and push them all to one half of the pan. Add sliced chicken sausage to the remaining half of the pan and cook for 10 minutes. Then push the chicken sausage over and add kale onto ⅓ of the pan. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Once everything is cooked, Pour it all into a bowl and toss. Top with pomegranate seeds.