- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tsp baking powder**
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- Serve with: Celery, carrots, bell peppers & ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire cooling rack on top.
- Pat your chicken wings dry (the dryer they are, the crispy they will get!). Then place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine baking powder, ½ tsp salt, 2 tsp garlic powder and 1 Tbsp lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Pour the spice mixture over the wings and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the wings, spread out evenly, on the cooling rack and bake for 30 minutes, flip them all, then bake for another 20-30 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine 1 tsp garlic powder, lemon juice, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ cup melted ghee and stir to combine.
- Place cooked wings in a large bowl and add ghee mixture on top. Toss to coat the wings.
- Serve with veggies!
- **To make these paleo, make your own baking powder by combining 2 tablespoons cream of tartar, 1 tablespoon baking soda, and 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- You can use butter instead of ghee.