Tis the season for warm drinks and parties! This Instant Pot Mulled Wine can also be made in a slow cooker or on the stove top but you know I love the ease of the instant pot. Just 15 minutes and you have a delicious drink that makes the whole house smell like fall. That might be my favorite part about this recipe too… the smell! Makes me want to make a batch every night just so my house smells like it… but that might be aggressive. You can however use apple cider instead of wine and boil that with spices on the stove top to get our house smelling fabulous in no time.
You know I love all things Ruthie, and let me tell you, she is getting cuter by the day! My favorite thing is introducing her to the seasons and holidays, like having her eat the pumpkin spice oatmeal bake, or how she loves the skull we have in the house right now and learned to call it SPOOKY! I haven’t been this excited for the holidays in so long because I feel like I am a kid again. Halloween is going to be a blast and if you need a comforting cocktail to get you through a night of passing out candy, this is a winner!
This instant pot mulled wine is a new house favorite!
Instant Pot Mulled Wine
- 2 bottles of red wine
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- ½ orange peel*
- ½ cup apple cider
- ½ cup apple brandy
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- Pour wine, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, orange peel, apple cider and apple brandy into an instant pot and put the lid on with the knob to sealing.
- Put on high manual pressure for 4 minutes.
- When the 4 minutes is up, turn the knob to venting and let the pressure release.
- When it is done, add in sliced apple and serve in a mug!
- *use a peeler to peel off 1/2 of the orange peel
- You can double this recipe and set it for the same amount of time.
- If using a slow cooker, follow the same instructions and cook on low for 2 hours.
- If using the stove top, combine everything but the apple in a pot, cover and cook on medium heat until it simmers (do not boil), then reduce to low and cook for about 45 minutes.