Paleo Fruit Tart with Lemon Curd
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grass-fed ghee, room temperature
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil (at room temp)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- In a saucepan combine eggs, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Place a pan over medium heat and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the ghee.
- Let it sit for a minute, then whisk it in.
- Press mixture through a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Cool and then store in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine crust ingredients and mix until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the ball of dough in the middle.
- Form dough into an 8 inch round crust. Use a fork to poke a few holes on the crust.
- Bake crust for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and then set aside to cool.
- Once crust is cooled, spoon on the lemon curd (as much as you like) and then top with chopped fruit!