- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice each head of cauliflower at the base into 4 large slices. Each head will only get 2 steaks out of it that stay together and the end slices you can set aside for roasting separately!
- Take your 4 cauliflower steaks and place them on a foil lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil and liquid smoke and whisk to combine. Pour over the steaks and spread it around with your hands to coat them.
- Then in another small bowl combine arrowroot, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Use a sieve to lightly disperse that mixture over the cauliflower steaks, turn them and repeat.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway, or until fork tender.