Mediterranean Veggie & Chickpea Salad
This Mediterranean Veggie & Chickpea Salad is just begging you to take it to a potluck this spring or summer!! Dishes like this are my favorite because you can make them a day or 3 ahead of time and it just gets better and better. I also just recently learned the art of peeling chickpeas! I don’t eat a ton of legumes because they can make my stomach gurgle, but I realized that when I peel chickpeas, I digest them so much better. I also find eating them in their whole form like this is better than in a hummus as I can down hummus so fast then of course my stomach hurts!
Being intentional about eating in general has really helped my relationship with food and has helped my weight. I used to be a card carrying member of the clean plate club and would eat meals super fast. But while I was pregnant I was either sick or filled with acid that my stomach seemed to shrink a bit! After having Ruth and wanting to get back into shape, I made sure to be intentional about the portions I ate. Now I easily can only eat half of things and not feel like I NEED to finish my plate! And what do you know… i’m actually 10 pounds lighter than I was before I got pregnant. And I don’t feel deprived of anything one bit. Isn’t that nuts!
So all I can say is to eat good food, be intentional, and enjoy every morsel. Starting with this salad of course!
Just a little bit of chopping and it’s done!
Need more salad ideas to ry out, we got you covered:
Pin the image below to save this Mediterranean Veggie & Chickpea Salad recipe for later!
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
- Drain the can of chickpeas and rinse them with water, then peel the skins off. I find it easiest to put them in a bowl of water and rub them together between your hands to help remove the skin! Then place them in a bowl.
- Add chopped celery, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and parsley to the chickpeas.
- In a small bowl or jar combine balsamic vinegar, oil, oregano, dill and garlic powder. Whisk or shake the dressing then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing over the veggies and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
- Salad is good in the fridge up to 5 days.