- 2 lbs green beans, ends removed
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in green beans and cook for 2 minutes, then remove them with a slotted spoon into an ice water bath to blanch them. Then dry them on some paper towels.
- In a small bowl combine dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, red wine vinegar, oil and maple syrup.
- When you are about to eat, bring a large pan over medium heat. Add green beans to the pan to heat them up, then add in the sauce and let reduce slightly while coating the green beans. Remove and put in a serving dish.
- Take another pan and add oil to it so it coats the bottom of the pan. Once the oil is heated, add shallots the oil and fry them for a few minutes until they are browned and crispy.
- Put shallots on top of green beans and serve!