Easter is already on Sunday!! And of course you need an easy side dish right? The thing I love most about green bean dishes is that you can blanch the green beans the day before which makes the day of super simple. I am so excited to watch ruthie be thoroughly confused at the concept of searching for eggs and envision her crawling to one and chewing on it and being SO happy about that!
This recipe will make you think, why on earth don’t I put crispy shallots of everything?! They are so dang good. We plan on enjoying this dish along with mashed potatoes, ham and a fruit salad too! I just love big family holidays because… mashed potatoes!! I don’t make them often and holidays are always the best excuse to go crazy on some taters. And of course you can because you balance them out with these green beans! Oh and don’t forget to start the meal with an Easter themed charcuterie board… details on how to make one coming Thursday! 🙂
Pin the image below to save this Green Beans with Sweet Dijon Sauce and Crispy Shallots recipe for later!
Green Beans with Sweet Dijon Sauce and Crispy Shallots
- 2 lbs green beans, ends removed
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in green beans and cook for 2 minutes, then remove them with a slotted spoon into an ice water bath to blanch them. Then dry them on some paper towels.
- In a small bowl combine dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, red wine vinegar, oil and maple syrup.
- When you are about to eat, bring a large pan over medium heat. Add green beans to the pan to heat them up, then add in the sauce and let reduce slightly while coating the green beans. Remove and put in a serving dish.
- Take another pan and add oil to it so it coats the bottom of the pan. Once the oil is heated, add shallots the oil and fry them for a few minutes until they are browned and crispy.
- Put shallots on top of green beans and serve!