- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raw cauliflower rice
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- In a saucepan combine 3 cups of stock to 1 cup of dry lentils. Bring to a boil, cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer until they are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge to cool down.
- Once cool, combine lentil with egg, cauliflower rice, almond flour, garlic powder, sun-dried tomatoes and salt.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle in the avocado oil.
- Scoop lentil mix into the pan and use the back of a spatula with some oil on it to press them down into cakes.
- Cook for 4 minutes then flip and cook for another 4 minutes until cooked through, browned on both sides and they hold together.
If your lentils are firmer instead of pressing them with the spatula, take the scoop and hand roll/form it before placing into the pan.