Spring has Sprung!! Even though it is an overcast and rainy day, we had some sun over the weekend and it was so glorious. It gets me all kinds of excited for warm weather and dinners in the backyard. It also makes me think of all of the fresh veggies! I have been in a veggie rut this winter just roasting the same old broccoli or doing a salad for the billionth time, and I am ready to reinvigorate my side game. I made this super simple asparagus salad with a DELISH warm dressing. Best part about this is that you can have it warm, room temp or cold and it’s amazing at all stages. I envision this being on many easter dinner tables this year, but it is also easy enough for a weeknight. You could even totally chop the asparagus up if you want!
The Orange Ginger Asparagus combo is one of my new favorites and adding a fresh radish just screams spring! I don’t know about you but warm weather also makes me want to host bbqs and have friends over. I love having friends come over for dinner and side dishes like this make it so much easier. I hope you love this recipe and all the warm vibes get sent your way!!
Orange zest is just the best!!
Pin the image below to save this Orange Ginger Asparagus & Radish Salad for later!
Orange Ginger Asparagus & Radish Salad
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 3 radishes, chopped into strips
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Orange zest
- Pinch of salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a large pinch of salt.
- Place asparagus in the water and blanch for 3-4 minutes, then place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Once they are cool, pat them dry on paper towels.
- In a jar combine avocado oil, orange juice, coconut aminos, fresh ginger, garlic powder, orange zest and pinch of salt. Shake it quickly to combine.
- Place a small skillet over medium heat and add in the dressing. Whisk for a minute or two until it has slightly thickened then pour it over the asparagus (in a bowl).
- Salt with another pinch of salt to your liking, then plate the asparagus and top with chopped radishes and orange zest.