Grain Free Shamrock Cake
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup ghee, melted
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender combine coconut sugar, almond milk, melted ghee and spinach and blend to combine and break the spinach down.
- Then add in almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, eggs and mint extract and blend to combine.
- If making cupcakes, line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and scoop the batter evenly into 12 cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes and then let cool.
- If making a cake, pour into a greased cake pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (this will depend on the size of your pan).
- I used Simple Mills frosting on this cake! Another clean brand is Miss Jones Bakehouse, or you can make your own!