- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large saute pan (with higher sides) over medium high heat and add oil once heated.
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise so you create 4 thin chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with some salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes per side (or until chicken is cooked throughout).
- Then to that pan add chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring it to a boil, then add in quinoa, cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve 1/4 of the quinoa with 1 piece of chicken breast.