Coconut Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can pureed butternut squash
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz cans of chopped tomatoes- drained
- 3 cups peeled and chopped medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any color)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder + 1 tablespoon water (whisked together)
- Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to a large pot on medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook until browned and cooked through.
- While the meat is browning, peel sweet potatoes and dice into ½ inch cubes. Dice bell pepper into a small dice.
- Once the meat is cooked through, add butternut squash, coconut milk, chicken broth, strained chopped tomatoes and all spices and bring to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes and boil for 8 minutes until tender.
- Add arrowroot mixture to the curry and stir quickly to thicken.
- Once thickened add red pepper and cook for 5 more minutes to soften the peppers.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- You can use ground beef or ground chicken instead of turkey
- To make this recipe vegetarian, just leave out the meat all together and use vegetable stock instead of chicken.