- 3 cups peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
- ⅔ cup oats
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of spice of choice – see instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and boiled until fork tender consistency (approx. 8 minutes), then let cool slightly.
- Add oats in a food processor and blend on high until turning to a flour like consistency.
- Add additional ingredients along with the boiled sweet potatoes in the processor and blend until smooth.
- Option: to introduce new flavors to your baby, you can add 2 teaspoons of spice here. I have tried garlic or cinnamon, you can do curry powder or whatever you like!
- Scoop into a large zip lock bag, cut a hole in the corner of the bag and pipe in 1 inch by 3-4 inch strips on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes depending on how big your strips end up being.
- Note: If you are making these for an older child, you may choose to add additional seasonings to enhance flavor such as salt and black pepper.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week!