Cherry Tomato & Carrot Soup (Whole30)
This soup came to be when I realized I had a big tub of cherry tomatoes in my fridge that were about to go bad, some carrots and a hankering for grilled cheese. I figured I would just roast everything up, blend it and have some kind of soup! It was soooo good! I now plan on making tomato soup with cherry tomatoes every time. It is so easy because you can roast them whole and use either grape or cherry tomatoes. I honestly don’t really know the difference between the two so any small tomato you see at the store is fair game! I always buy bins of cherry tomatoes with grand plans and get to the end of the week and haven’t touched them. So now I know that even when I have one of those weeks, I can make this soup before they go bad.
This soup is Whole30 compliant which is lovely because I am on Day 4 over here! I am doing a Whole18 this year so I feel like i’m almost done somehow – but the weekend is the real tough part. Making this soup and having a warm sweet potato toast tuna sandwich to dip in it might just make all my dreams come true.
Before I sign off for the week I wanted to say THANK YOU! My website was down the whole last weekend and it was terrifying but I am so glad it is back up and so many of you are coming to visit. I switched host companies so I am hoping the speed of my site is faster than ever so you can go through a rabbit hole of all my recipes and get inspired this year!
Is there anything more comforting?
Pin the image below to save this Cherry Tomato & Carrot Soup recipe for later!Print
- 2 lbs cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and add tomatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, oil and salt and pepper to the pan and toss to combine.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and add to a saucepan. Then add in the chicken broth and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Take an emersion blender and blend the soup until smooth, or transfer to a blender to blend! Season with salt to taste.
- If you like a super smooth soup, you can run the whole thing through a strainer to get any little remaining chunks out!