Sweet Potato & Sausage Casserole
- 3 large handfuls chopped kale (stems removed)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ pound ground mild italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place kale on the bottom of an 8×8 pyrex dish, pour 1 tablespoon of avocado oil over it and massage it into the kale so it breaks down a bit.
- Slice sweet potatoes with a mandolin into ⅛ inch slices. Fill the casserole dish with 3 rows of sweet potato slices.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add sausage to the pan. Break it up and cook until browned.
- Then add in minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- In bowl or glass measuring cup combine coconut milk, arrowroot and rosemary then add it to the pan of sausage.
- Whisk everything together until it has thickened then add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and pour over the sweet potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.