How is Thanksgiving already next week?? This will be a totally different Thanksgiving for us as we will be celebrating it at Matt’s fire house! Should be super fun to bring a dish and eat with all the fire families. I have always loved Thanksgiving for so many reasons. I mean spending the day with family, eating ALL the food, and being grateful for all of the wonderful things in our lives… it’s pretty much the best. Not to mention going to sleep that night is similar to going to sleep on Christmas Eve because Friday morning equals CHRISTMAS DECOR!! I can’t wait to decorate this year because our Christmas party is just a little over one week after Thanksgiving.
Okay okay let’s make sure we have a super delicious and healthy Thanksgiving before that! I am soooo excited to be teaming up with my favorite bloggers today for the ultimate paleo thanksgiving menu! Below is a list covering appetizers, salads, sides, turkey, gravy and dessert – all of the essentials. I made this epic Sweet Potato & Sausage Casserole that is fabulous as a side for a thanksgiving, or really any night this fall or winter. So get planning, get shopping, then get get cooking! Oh and pin the image below to share this spread with all your friends!
Whole30 Stuffing by Pretend its a Donut
And if you want to save this Sweet Potato and Sausage Casserole for later, pin the image below!
Sweet Potato & Sausage Casserole
- 3 large handfuls chopped kale (stems removed)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ pound ground mild italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place kale on the bottom of an 8×8 pyrex dish, pour 1 tablespoon of avocado oil over it and massage it into the kale so it breaks down a bit.
- Slice sweet potatoes with a mandolin into ⅛ inch slices. Fill the casserole dish with 3 rows of sweet potato slices.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add sausage to the pan. Break it up and cook until browned.
- Then add in minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- In bowl or glass measuring cup combine coconut milk, arrowroot and rosemary then add it to the pan of sausage.
- Whisk everything together until it has thickened then add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and pour over the sweet potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.