About time you had another epic and easy weeknight dinner in your rotation right? I thought of this recipe a couple weeks ago after my mom and I had made a batch of my Sweet Potato & Kale Chili and fell in love all over again! So for this version, instead of more soup style I thought more chili dog style. Which – um hello this would be awesome on a hot dog!! The best thing about this recipe is how simple it is. I served the chili in a sweet potato but you can use a regular potato, a bun or any kind or even straight out of a bowl. Okay now onto non chili related news!
Keep and eye out because TOMORROW I am posting the job description for an intern we are hiring here at LBO next year!! Because ya know, babies certainly take up a lot of time! 🙂 I am so excited for this company to grow so stay tuned! Ruth doesn’t nap as much as she did when she was fresh out of the oven so most of my days are filled with making faces at her and trying to get her to laugh! She started giggling and laughing a couple weeks ago and it is the absolute best thing in the entire world. So Matt and I are just like her little monkeys dancing around trying to entertain her all day. So in order to enjoy those moments even more and know you guys will still get premium content from me, intern to the rescue!! But for now, let’s all just make these paleo chili stuffed sweet potatoes!!
Seriously crazy good!!
Pin the image below to save this Paleo Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe for later!
Paleo Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can diced and fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped Parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce sweet potatoes 5-8 times with a fork. Place them on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 45-55 minutes or until they are super fork tender. Remove and set aside.
- Place a pan over medium high heat and add oil to the pan.
- Add ground beef to the pan and cook, breaking up the meat, until it is cooked through (about 5-8 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, chili powder, garlic powder and paprika and stir to combine. Let simmer for 5 minutes for all the flavors to combine and thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice sweet potatoes down the middle and scoop in chili!