Herb Stuffed Instant Pot Whole Chicken
GUYS! This mom stuff is crazy. I wanted to get this recipe out about 3 days ago but then the hubs worked a lot this week and this little baby I care for is a handful!! BUT she is napping now as I write this and am so happy it will finally be in your hands. I love my instant pot for many reasons but it’s ability to cook a whole chicken so well is one of my favorite things about it. Meals throughout the week are so much easier when you have a bunch of cooked chicken in the fridge already!! You can add shredded chicken to just about anything to make a meal. I also just love to make chicken salads and have a yummy one coming to you featuring this exact kind of chicken!
Because it is fall and I am all about the herbs right now, I stuffed this bird with rosemary and sage! But the great part is that you can totally leave the herbs out of this recipe and it will still be perfect. It’s kind of like a “create your own destiny” kind of situation. But basically the months of October, November and December, I try to put sage on everything! So get ready for a few more sagey recipes coming your way. And while you wait for those i’ll just be over here trying to get work done instead of staring at the cutest little 4 month old blowing bubbles and giggling! 🙂
Raw meat isn’t the cutest thing but herb ghee is so beautiful it kinda balances out right??
If you don’t have an instant pot yet, what are you waiting for??
We know you are going to love this Chicken Recipe, below you will find more recipes to finish your meal out:
Pin the image below to save this Herb Stuffed Instant Pot Whole Chicken recipe for later!
- 1 whole chicken
- ¼ cup ghee
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Remove your whole chicken from its package and lightly dry it with some paper towels.
- In a small bowl combine ghee, rosemary, sage, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Take the ghee mixture and stuff some of it underneath the skin on the breasts and the rest all over the top, reserving 1 tablespoon of the ghee mix.
- Sprinkle the remaining salt all of the top of the chicken.
- Place your instant pot on the saute function then add that remaining tablespoon to the pot.
- Once it is nice and hot, place the chicken (ghee & breast side down) in the instant pot and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, turn the instant pot off and add the steamer rack + 1 cup of water to the pot. Place the chicken on the rack and turn the instant pot on manual high pressure for 40 minutes with the top knob on “sealing”.
- Once that time is up just make sure you turn the knob to “venting” within 5 minutes of the timer going off.
- Once it is done venting, removed the chicken and enjoy!
- This chicken won’t be like a roasted chicken with super crispy skin! It is meant to be a fast way to cook a chicken perfectly on the inside – it should be moist and perfect to pull apart for a chicken salad or any chicken dish you desire.