- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter (or ghee), melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup California Giant Blackberries
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons grass fed butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 pyrex dish.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar and whisk to combine. Then add in 2 tablespoons almond milk, ghee, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk to fully combine.
- Pour half of the batter in the greased dish.
- Make streusel by combining all of the streusel ingredients in a bowl. Pour half of the streusel onto the batter, followed by the other half of the batter, then the rest of the streusel.
- Place each blackberry gently on top of the cake so they don’t sink.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until browned on top and cooked through.
- If any liquid from the blackberries is sitting on top of the cake when it is done baking, just use a paper towel to soak it up!