Blackberry Cinnamon Streusel Cake
Tis the baking season! If you know me well you might know that streusel topping is one of my absolute favorite things ever. I mean a sugary, buttery, cinnamony…. how could you not love?? This cake is so delish any time of the day and I LOVE the pop of blackberries in them. Cal Giant is my fave berry brand and I am so glad I can pick them up at my local Costco. I also have to mention that when I made these I brought some to my niece and nephew and they LOVED them. They are 1 and 3 so yayy toddler approved! I think any berry would be great on top of these depending on which one you love the most.
I also cannot believe it is November!! I remember when I was pregnant at the beginning of the year I felt like I couldn’t even image the end of the year because I still hadn’t met our Ruthie. I thought about the holidays with a baby but it was just a blank face in my mind, and now it’s all happening and it’s all wonderful. Is anyone else just waiting for thanksgiving to be over to deck out their houses in Christmas decor? I can’t wait for Ruth to see all the twinkly lights – she will love them! And this recipe will be perfect for any and all holiday gatherings. If only Ruth could eat cake already…. NEXT YEAR!
For now, you just need to head to Costco and stock up on Cal Giant Blackberries to make this cake!!
That filling though…
This blog post is sponsored by California Giant Berry Farms but all views are 100% my own!
Pin the image below to save this Blackberry Cinnamon Streusel Cake recipe for later!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter (or ghee), melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup California Giant Blackberries
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons grass fed butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 pyrex dish.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar and whisk to combine. Then add in 2 tablespoons almond milk, ghee, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk to fully combine.
- Pour half of the batter in the greased dish.
- Make streusel by combining all of the streusel ingredients in a bowl. Pour half of the streusel onto the batter, followed by the other half of the batter, then the rest of the streusel.
- Place each blackberry gently on top of the cake so they don’t sink.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until browned on top and cooked through.
- If any liquid from the blackberries is sitting on top of the cake when it is done baking, just use a paper towel to soak it up!