Roasted Harvest Veggie Salad
I love roasted veggies almost as much as I am loving rewatching Sabrina the Teenage Witch right now! Yes you heard that right. On days when Matt works I like to keep a show on in the background and one I have seen before is best so I can work and not really pay attention, then watch when I am feeding Ruthie. I am working my way thorough Sabrina and it just brings me back to my childhood – I love it! Okay now back to roasted veggies. There are so many great ones to choose from but this salad highlights my fall favorites – delicata squash, parsnips and brussels sprouts. I roast them up with a simple spice mix of garlic powder, sage, salt and pepper, and also add that mix into the dressing for the kale.
This dish is perfection as a side for any fall gathering! I love that it is just a bunch of veggies but has such great textures (hello pop of pomegranate and apple) and everyone will love it. So make it for a friendsgiving, thanksgiving, sunday night family dinner, or even make a batch on sunday to have for the week! The best part about this salad is that because kale is so resilient you can eat leftovers. Which is fabulous because I made a whole bunch and plan on eating it all week. So go go go to the store, get these veggies and ENJOY!
Aren’t pomegranates just the gems of the fruit world?
Pin the image below to save this Roasted Harvest Veggie Salad for later!
- 1 delicata squash, seeded and quartered the sliced
- 14–16 brussels sprouts, chopped in half
- 2 cups chopped parsnips
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Avocado oil (or EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- ½ a chopped apple
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil and add chopped delicata squash, brussels sprouts and parsnips to the pans (split evenly) then drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl combine garlic powder, sage, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Take all EXCEPT 1 ½ teaspoons of the spice mix and spread over veggies then toss again.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes (until veggies are lightly browned).
- While veggies cool slightly, combine oil, apple cider vinegar and the rest of the spice mix into a mason jar and shake it well to combine.
- Place chopped kale in a large bowl or platter and pour dressing on top. Massage the kale with your hands until it wilts down a bit.
- Top with veggies then add on pomegranate seeds and apples!