Chocolate Dipped & Chipped Cookies
I have wanted to make a paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe on here for awhile but when I made one I thought hmmmm what could make this a little more fun?? Let’s dip the tops in chocolate why don’t we?! I have to warn you though – these are really good. Like watch yourself or you might eat all of them in one day. You have been warned! Also, don’t forget to add that flakey sea salt on top. Salt makes chocolate 300 times better in my opinion. Here is a good one if you are in need!
Something about it getting colder and being inside with candles burning makes me want to bake all the things. This week I was home a lot with a cold that sweet Ruthie gave me and I knew I just needed to rest but all I wanted to do was bake these cookies. Luckily I took it easy and feel much better already! So I know what is on my to do list for this weekend! What is your favorite fall baked good? I feel like Chocolate Chip Cookies are my numba one all the time but gingery molasses cookies are a close 2nd around the holidays. Let me know in the comments below!
The perfect bite!
Pin the image below to save this Chocolate Dipped and Chipped Cookies recipe for later!
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted and cooles
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup of dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup of dark chocolate chips (for topping)
- Flakey sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine egg, vanilla, ghee, coconut sugar, almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot, baking soda and salt.
- Add in chocolate chips and fold them to evenly disperse.
- Scoop into 12 balls and place them on a parchment paper or silicone mat lined baking sheet. Slightly flatten the balls then bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely (i throw them in the fridge after about 5 minutes to speed up this process)
- Once the cookies are cooled, melt ⅓ cup chocolate in a bowl then dip the tops of the cookies in the chocolate and top with flakey sea salt and let cool again!