Cocktails on a Tuesday, why not? This vodka mojito spritz is my jam lately so I figured I would share it with you! All I craved when pregnant was beer for some reason so when I was no longer pregnant I was so excited to have all the beeeeer. BUT now that I am realizing my alcohol intake can’t be calorie and carb heavy if I want to get back into shape – skinny cocktails it is! Remember that honey syrup I made last week? Well that is the sweetener I use in this. It has the perfect balance of sweet, sour and bubbly and it is a great cocktail for the end of summer! I like to think fall is really starting but the native southern californian I am knows better – we still have 1 sold month left of warmer weather.
Yesterday was actually chilly and overcast in the morning while at my stroller strides workout and it was glorious!! I also think this postpartum life makes me hot all the time. I always used to be cold at all times and since pregnancy I run hot hot hot! So I am extra excited for fall because this AC bill from being home all summer with a newborn is quite a situation. Until the days of hot toddys come around, make yourself this DELISH drink! It would also be amazing without the alcohol if you just want a tasty drink too. So let’s get the details:
I love my soda stream for times like this! I love adding bubble to just about anything I drink.
Oh and these glasses are from World Market and i’m in love!!
Pin the image below to save this Vodka Mojito Spritz for later!
Vodka Mojito Spritz
- 3 shots of vodka
- 2 shots of lime juice
- 1 shot of honey syrup
- 5–7 mint leaves (plus a few extra for garnish
- sparkling water or club soda
- In a cocktail shaker combine vodka, lime juice, honey syrup, and mint leaves.
- Use a muddler (or end of a wooden spoon) and smash the mint leaves into the drink.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice the pour the mixture (while straining to remove mint leaves) into each glass.
- Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water then garnish with some mint leaves!