Having healthy snacks on hand is a must in my life and having cold ones in the freezer is extra amazing!! I love a good smoothie bowl, packed with fruit, fiber and protein and topped with some coconut butter and granola. So I thought, turning them into portable little cups you can grab would be so delish! First I tried putting smoothie into chocolate cups but then it basically just became dessert. So coconut butter came to the rescue to wrap this delicious smoothie bowl in. A smoothie can easily just be sugar with all the fruit, so adding in certain things can make it a super balanced snack or meal. In these smoothie bowl bites we rely on Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides for that protein punch. I am trying to add collagen into everything I can to get ahead of that postpartum hair loss than is likely to happen soon. I actually heard from a few followers that Collagen helped them not lose too much hair so I am hoping it works the same for me! It is a good thing Vital Proteins collagen can blend so well into anything. I mostly put it in my espresso in the morning but adding it to snacks, treats and pretty much anything is great to make sure I get it in when I am too tired to remember when making my coffee and the baby is crying!
Questions about collagen? I wrote a whole post about why I use it, so check that out here!
You can scoop the smoothie mixture into the coconut butter cups or use a ziplock bag like I did!
Gotta move fast with coconut butter as it will harden quickly! I used both regular granola and grain free granola and both are fabulous!
Bites of heaven I am tellin ya!!
Pin the image below to save this Smoothie Bowl Bites recipe for later!
Smoothie Bowl Bites
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- Roughly ⅓ cup coconut butter
- Granola, regular or grain free (whatever you like!)
- Line 12 muffin tins with silicone muffin liners.
- Scoop about 2 teaspoons of melted coconut butter into each liner and swirl it about ¾ of the way up the sides with the end of a wooden spoon so the coconut butter coats the liner. Place them in the freezer to harden.
- In a food processor or high powered blender, combine bananas, strawberries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, collagen peptides and almond milk. Blend on high until totally smooth.
- Scoop smoothie bowl mixture into a large ziplock bag and cut of the corner so you can pipe the smoothie into the cups. Pipe just enough to fill up to the top of where the hardened coconut butter ends. Place them back in the freezer to let the smoothie totally harden (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from the freezer and scoop another teaspoon or so of the coconut butter on top of the cup and smooth it out to cover the smoothie.
- Top with a little granola before the coconut butter hardens.
- Place back in the freezer for a few minutes until coconut butter hardens. ENJOY!