Well hey there! I’m Allie with Miss Allie’s Kitchen coming to you with a fun breakfast idea. I’m so excited to be posting on Little Bits Of today! If we haven’t met before, nice to meet you! I create real and whole food recipes over on my website because I think food and sharing it with people matters. I like to take the guess work out of making food healthier and this gal loves a good party, so you know I’m always sharing entertaining tips and tricks. You can come hang with me on my Instagram page (especially if you love silly stories and real-life moments), follow along on Pinterest for easy ideas or hop on my email list to stay in the loop!
I should make one thing clear – mornings just aren’t my thing! You know, they really aren’t. So, breakfast is always a huge struggle for me. What works for me is making something that’s really
simple that I can pop in the oven and forget about and maybe even re-heat the next day. Can I get an actual AMEN for leftovers?
This brings me to the Pizza Baked Eggs. They are crazy simple. All you’re going to do is cut the top off of a tomato, scoop out the insides, stick a few pieces of pepperoni inside and crack an egg in there. Pop it in the oven, set your time, go chug some coffee and BOOM. Done! I like to serve it with some extra pepperoni, but you could so whatever you like.
I like my breakfasts to be dairy free, but you could always add some cheese, pizza sauce…the world is your oyster…or pizza pie! If you’re doing a Whole30, you could do some compliant bacon in there in place of the pepperoni, too, just make sure it’s already cooked. These are dairy and gluten free and SUPER yummy!
Pizza Baked Eggs
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 tomatoes
- 16 slices of pepperoni, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom of a small casserole dish with the
- Cut the top of the tomatoes off and scoop out most of the insides. You want to make
sure you have enough room for the egg in the well.
- Place 2 slices of pepperoni in the bottom of each egg.
- Arrange each tomato in a corner of the casserole dish to make sure they stay upright.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, into each of the tomatoes.
- Top with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes for a runny egg yolk. If you like a well-done egg, bake for 5-10
- Dice the remaining pepperoni, top the eggs and serve!