Back in action and so excited to share this recipe! I love myself a tater tot but the fried crispy goodness is not something that is great to eat a ton. The good thing is we can make a much healthier version with sweet potatoes and bake them instead of frying! You might look at this recipe and think really? It’s just sweet potatoes with a little salt and arrowroot? Will this work? Well it does!! Now baking doesn’t get them as crispy as a fried tater tot would be but if you want a quick pop of sweet potato goodness, these are the ticket.
Also, truth table – blog posts might be a bit short for the next month or so because baby snuggle are wildly distracting. Be sure to follow along on instagram for all of the sweetness and how i am navigating mom life!
This dipping sauce though…
Some extra arrowroot never hurt nobody!
Pin the image below to save these sweet potato tater tots for later!
Sweet Potato Tater Tots with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (also called flour or starch)
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper .
- Bring water to a boil in a medium size pot. Peel sweet potatoes and cook for approx. 12-15 min. (you want potatoes to be par boiled, soft enough to pierce with a fork but still slightly firm). Drain and cool.
- Once potatoes are cool to touch, grate on a box grater. Sprinkle with salt.
- Form into “tots” approx. 1 inch in size.
- Place on lined baking sheet. Drizzle (or spray) tots with olive oil the toss with a little bit of arrowroot. I put the arrowroot in a mesh sieve and lightly tapped it over the top of them, then turned them to coat. Then spray or drizzle with a tad more olive oil.
- Cook 30 min., turning tots half way through cooking.
- For dipping sauce mix together dijon mustard and honey then season to taste with a little salt and pepper.