Raspberry Chocolate Chip Nice Cream Tart
It’s time for another nice cream tart!! This one – Raspberry + Chocolate, one of my FAVE combos! My love for this combo started when i worked at a french bakery during summers in college. They had this incredible slice of raspberry chocolate cake that was so perfect, moist and flavorful it became my all time favorite thing in the world. The bakers knew I loved it and would save me scraps they sliced off the ends of the cake and I would leave on a Friday night with a big box of cake ends. Best day ever. Clearly I hadn’t been eating very healthy at the time, but this flavor combo can also be healthy! With this heat lately, frozen treats are the BEST. Making this nice cream tart and keeping it in the freezer for your nightly treat is probably the best idea you will make all summer.
So grab these ingredients and TREAT YO SELF!!
The perrrrfect slice!!
Pin the image below to save this recipe for later!
- 7 pitted medjool dates
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- 4 frozen chopped bananas
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, shaken
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Fresh raspberries
- Mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor combine dates, almond flour, cacao powder, shredded coconut, vanilla, coconut oil, water and salt.
- Process until dates have broken down and the crust can be pinched together and hold.
- Lightly grease a springform pan with some coconut oil and pour the crust into the pan and press into one even layer.
- Place in freezer for at least 10 minutes to harden.
- In a food processor combine frozen chopped bananas, frozen raspberries, coconut milk, and vanilla.
- Blend until there are no chunks and it is nice and creamy.
- Take the crust out of the freezer and add the “nice cream” on top on it, spread it out in one smooth layer and add toppings.
- Place back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes until frozen through.
- Before opening the springform pan run a butter knife around the outside edge so the pan releases easily!
- To freeze the bananas: slice banana before freezing and freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet making sure the pieces don’t touch each other.
- A trick for coconut milk: The full fat coconut milk usually separates a but between the thick cream at the top and the liquid. If yours does this, Pour it all into a mason jar and microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute then add a lid on the jar and shake it to combine. Then let it cool to room temperature before adding to the recipe!