These soft and chewy Paleo Chai Spiced Cookies are a delicious and healthy treat that are made gluten-free and dairy-free!
Hi, LBO friends! Erin here from Erin Lives Whole, a health and wellness blog where I share healthy-ish recipes, all of ways I balance staying healthy, and a peak into my life as I navigate my recent departure from corporate America.
I’ve been a huge fan of Kelsey’s blog and Instagram for a long time (even pre-Erin Lives Whole). I mean come on, her recipes are super creative and delicious, and her Instagram stories make me laugh out loud on the reg. I have loved getting to follow her life over the past few years, and I credit her for being part of the reason as to why I even decided to start a blog.
It has been awesome getting to “know” Kelsey through the internet! And as many of you obviously know, she and Matt are having a baby and I cannot wait for them! I’ll be sending all the love and virtual support from over on the east coast! And maybe some of these Paleo Chai Spiced cookies because I can’t stop making them…
So as Kelsey takes on motherhood for the first time (eek so exciting!) I’m here today to share one of my newly favorite recipes that I am debuting for the first time.
Last month, I made these Paleo Chai spiced cookies and have now made them three times because I just. can’t. stop. making. them.
Something about chai spiced anything makes me swoon and when I made these cookies, I couldn’t help but immediately eat three straight from the pan. Not only did they taste like little pillows of chai heaven, but they made my whole entire house smell like a dream. It was like I had just bought a brand-new fall spiced candle and had been burning it for hours.
But you know what I love most about these cookies? The texture. They are perfectly soft and a little bit chewy on the inside and yet they literally melt in your mouth. I sometimes find that paleo baking can lead to some very dense baked goods, but these were so incredibly fluffy and light.
I shared a bunch with friends and my boyfriend and they were all in love with them too. My one friend even commented that they reminded her of a more flavorful snickerdoodle!
Plus, they are super easy because all you need to do is hand mix the ingredients together in a bowl and bake! No fancy equipment or kitchen gadgets required.
Paleo Chai Spiced Cookies
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt (if using unsalted almond butter)
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour and coconut flour.
- Add in spices, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add in cashews.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop about 2 Tbsp dough either using a cookie dough scoop or spoon onto baking sheet, pressing down slightly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes and let cool completely.
- I topped mine with extra sea salt for an added touch.
- Store on counter for up to 3 days or in freezer.