Turkey & Sweet Potato Asian Lettuce Wraps
Easy dinners for the WIN! It was a couple of months ago when I whipped up some super simple asian lettuce wraps with what we had on hand and people on instagram were asking for the recipe. I thought to myself, oh I will have to redo it for the blog but with fresh veggies and maybe a more elaborate sauce. THEN I thought, wait, isn’t the reason people want this recipe because it was so easy and used frozen veggies?? Why the heck change a thing? So I recreated the easy, thrown together way so you can have the ease of making them on any old weeknight. I also added in sweet potatoes because I feel like a carb is needed in just about every meal I eat. Then the frozen veggie mix I used was just straight up broccoli, carrots and cauliflower – a perfect combo!
I also loved the leftovers from this meal! The next day I just heated up the turkey mix in a little bowl and ate it with a fork – maybe add some avocado? Now we are just getting crazy. I am thinking maybe I can make this to put in the freezer for baby time too!! Which is in less than 4 weeks… AH!
Iceberg lettuce or green cabbage make perfect lettuce wraps!
Pin the image below to save this Turkey & Sweet Potato Asian Lettuce Wraps recipe for later!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or avocado or olive)
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet potato
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cups frozen asian stir fry veggies, chopped (make sure there is no corn if doing whole30!)
- ⅔ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head of green cabbage or iceberg lettuce.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sweet potatoes to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, before adding in the turkey. Once turkey is added, break it up and mix it with the sweet potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes until turkey is cooked through.
- Add chopped frozen veggies to the pan and stir to combine.
- In a bowl or measuring cup combine coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, fish sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger and arrowroot powder and whisk to combine and break up the arrowroot.
- Pour the sauce over the turkey and veggies and stir to combine, cooking until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in green cabbage or iceberg lettuce wraps