Hey Little Bits of community!
Robyn here from Real Food Whole life, sharing a super yummy recipe with you while Kelsey takes some time off to spend with her sweet baby girl.
Speaking of sweet, it’s time to break out the grill and whip up this super simple, super flavorful Smokey Lime Grilled Chicken with 5-Ingredient Strawberry Salsa recipe for dinner tonight!
Grilling season is upon us and I am excited! To me, grilling season means simple, fresh, and super easy. Nothing fussy, or complicated; just tons of bright, vibrant produce and some beautifully seasoned meat, fish, or veggies on the grill.
For this recipe, the chicken gets marinated with lime and smoked paprika, then thrown on the grill for an extra smokey flavor. While the chicken is marinating, there’s time to assemble a quick and delicious strawberry salsa. Stir together fresh, juicy strawberries with more lime juice and some bright mint and you’re ready to go. Even if you’re skeptical about fruit and meat together, I urge you to try this combo. The sweetness from the strawberries pairs so well with the tart lime juicy and the smokey flavor in the chicken that that you may end up converting even the most resistant diners.
I like to serve this chicken with a simple side salad!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Skip the smoked paprika if you don’t have it. The chicken won’t be quite as smokey flavored, but will still have a subtle smoked flavor from the grilling process.
2 | Use basil in place of the mint.
3 | Use cherries in place of strawberries.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Egg-Free, Whole30 and Paleo Friendly
Like Kelsey, my meals are filled with whole, accessible ingredients and lots of veggies. My recipes are no-fuss, and based in reality, so you can nourish yourself without deprivation or … you know, going crazy. I’m all about quick, easy and nutritious — and no rules, except this: more of what’s real, more of what’s good.
Now, let’s to grillin’
Smokey Lime Chicken + 5-Ingredient Strawberry Salsa
For the Dressing & Marinade
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
For the Salsa
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime zest and juice, salt, and paprika. Whisk in the olive oil until well incorporated.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish or large ziplock bag. Pour in half of the dressing and stir to coat. Reserve the remaining dressing in a separate bowl.
- Refrigerate the chicken for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing together the strawberries, green onion, mint, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a grill to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade, shaking off any excess. Discard the marinade.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes per side, flipping once, until browned and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken warm, topped with strawberry salsa and drizzled with the remaining dressing.
- Serves 4.
Recipe reprinted with permission, Real Food Whole Life, all rights reserved.