Sweet & Salty Chocolate Hazelnuts
It’s about time we got chocolatey up in here!! But first a question – have you ever tried those sugary salty chocolate almonds from Trader Joe’s?? They are amazing and were the inspiration for this recipe. I was thinking of doing an almond version too but when I realized we had these Diamond Nuts Chopped Hazelnuts. How do you not combine chocolate with hazelnuts? Especially because it is my hubbies favorite combo – so everyone is happy! I made these a few weeks ago and we have kept them in a bag in the fridge – they are so perfect for when that chocolate craving hits.. and also, let’s be real, AMAZING on top of some ice cream. Pregnancy! 🙂 I also really liked using chopped hazelnuts because they turn into little clusters of goodness that the sea salt can coat – they really have it all.
Oh and did I mention how easy these are to whip together? All you do is melt some dark chocolate in a bowl, add the chopped hazelnuts and stir to coat all of them in chocolate, then add coconut sugar and sea salt and stir again to get all that sweet and salty flavors in there. Then just pour them out on a lined cookie sheet to cool in the fridge, like the photo below!
This recipe uses one of these whole bags of Diamond Chopped Hazelnuts which you can find is most grocery stores – my Albertsons has a huge section of Diamond Nuts in the baking aisle.
So if you see yourself reaching for a prepackaged chocolate nuts at the store, hold the phone and make some of your own! When you control the ingredients you can feel so much better about what you are eating and indulging in. This post is sponsored by Diamond Nuts but all opinions are 100% my own!
Pin the image below to save this Sweet & Salty Chocolate Hazelnuts recipe for later!
- 1 ¾ cup chopped hazelnuts (about 1 bag of Diamond Nuts Chopped Hazelnuts)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons flakey sea salt
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and microwave for 1 minute, stir, then again for 30 seconds until melted.
- Add hazelnuts to the chocolate and stir well to coat the hazelnuts evenly.
- Then add coconut sugar and sea salt and stir again to evenly distribute them.
- Pour the coated hazelnuts onto a baking sheet lined with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and spread them out evenly with the spoon or spatula you used to stir them. Sprinkle with a little more sea salt.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to harden.