The sun is starting to shine and it is feeling more and more like summer every day!! That gets me excited for many things. One, I love the sunshine and 80 degree days, eating dinner outside and enjoying our backyard fire pit. And two… our baby girl is going to be born in the summer! 4 more weeks from now to be exact. So this week I am prepping lots of food to keep in the freezer and these Strawberry Lemonade Cheesecake Bites are VERY high on the list. You can store these in the fridge or the freezer but I like my desserts super cold – especially in the summer! And for an added bonus, for both nutrients and texture, I add in Vital Proteins Gelatin. If you haven’t heard about my love for vital proteins and why I add them into my routine – check out my post here! I basically try to add them into foods whenever I can. Adding gelatin will make things gel together, just like the old gelatin in your childhood jello! So in these cheesecake bites it helps them maintain their structure while being unflavored and adding in all of the benefits of grass-fed gelatin like supporting your digestive health.
Strawberry Lemonade is one of those things that every time I have it I think “OH MY THIS STUFF IS LIQUID GOLD I WANT TO SWIM IN IT!!” but then rarely ever have it because it’s soooo packed with sugar. But we can have that amazing flavor combo of strawberries and lemon without consuming a sugar bomb. Adding lemon zest and juice to both the crust and filling brings that bright lemon flavor, freeze dried strawberries make the filling super delicious and just a touch of sweetness comes from dates in the crust and maple syrup in the filling. So I suggest making these babies and letting a big bag of them sit in your freezer for when that sweet tooth hits!
A treat you can actually feel really good about having?? YES PLEASE. This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins but all views are 100% my own!
Pin the image below to save this Strawberry Lemonade Cheesecake Bites recipe for later!
Strawberry Lemonade Cashew Cheesecake Bites
- 1 cup of pitted medjool dates
- 1 ½ cups almonds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 2 cups freeze dried strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tablespoon melted coconut oil (refined for no coconut flavor), you can use light olive oil too
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- Freeze Dried Strawberries (optional)
- In a food processor combine all of the crust ingredients but the lemon juice and blend on high until the nuts are broken down into small pieces. Then add in the lemon juice and process until it comes together in a ball.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with a little bit of cooking spray or coconut oil then scoop about 1 tablespoon sized balls and then press the balls into each muffin spot to flatten. Continue with all of the crust mix and place in the freezer.
- Clean out the food processor then make your filling. Combine all of the filling ingredients in the food processor until super smooth and creamy. Scoop some of the filling mix on top of each crust just until the mini muffin tin is filled. Smooth out with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula and top each one with a freeze dried strawberry slice if desired.
- Freeze for at least an hour and store in the fridge or freezer to enjoy whenever you like!