It’s strawberry season Y’ALL! You guys probably know by now that California Giant Berry Farms make my favorite berries, not only because they are so delish, but also because they are grown just up the coast a bit from me! I love that you can learn about their farmers on their website and they do stories and lives on instagram of them out in the field too. I picked up some strawberries to make these Grain Free Strawberry Crumb Bars and they were so easy to throw together! I feel like everyone needs to have a good bar recipe in their arsenal for the summer when pool parties and BBQ’s are a weekly occurrence. And if you are the pool party type, Cal Giant is hosting an awesome sweepstakes to get you all ready for that fun! It’s called the Skinny Dips Sweepstakes and they are giving away all the summer essentials –
- A Premium Cooler
- Tumbler Cups for Poolside Drinking
- A Fruit and Veggie Dip Tray for Healthy Snacking
- Produce Pool Floaties
- A Giant Swan Float
- Coupons for FREE Fruits and Veggies!
So basically you need all of that right? I know I do!! I don’t know how much pool time I will get with my baby girl being so fresh but I am definitely going to get some floating in before she arrives! Matt loved these bars so much so I think I gotta make them again and freeze them to have on hand this summer. With just one crust dough that you use on the bottom and top, they are super easy and the burst of strawberry scream summer!!
The crumb top gets crisp while the bottom is nice and chewy! This post is sponsored by California Giant Berry Farms but all opinions are 100% my own!
Pin the image below to save this Grain Free Strawberry Crumb Bars recipe for later!
Grain Free Strawberry Crumb Bars
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted, at room temp)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh California Giant Berry Farm strawberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of the 8×8 pan that hangs over the side of the pan. (This is to make it easier to remove the bars)
- In a medium bowl, stir together almond flour, egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla and salt and mix to combine evenly.
- Pat half of the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- In another bowl, stir together 1/3 cup coconut sugar and arrowroot powder. Stir in the strawberries.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture evenly over the bottom crust.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the strawberry filling layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. I recommend refrigerating until ready to serve.