Thai Curry Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Sausage Bake
It’s about time my beloved chicken sausage made it into a dinner recipe! I love chicken sausage – specially, Aidell’s Chicken Apple Sausage (we get the huge pack at Costco), and normally just eat it as a breakfast protein. BUT there have been many many days when I open the fridge or lunch or dinner when I am tired and either don’t see any other protein option, or just don’t want to take time to cook anything. This is when the pre-cooked chicken sausages save my life! So when thinking of a super easy “throw everything in a baking dish and cook it” kind of meal, adding sliced chicken sausage was a no brainer. There are lots of kinds of chicken sausage out there these days so you can really use any flavor you like, but the chicken apple is just my personal favorite!
I had shared this a few times but I used to think that Curry meant SPICY, so I never tried it and was kind of scared of it. Then one day I had some yellow curry something from a thai place and was forever changed. Now Yellow Curry powder is a staple in my pantry! I would use it all the time but unfortunately Matt still isn’t the biggest fan, so I save it for when he is at work! He did try this though and even admitted it was pretty good – which I will take all day. Okay now it’s your turn – make this recipe and tell me just how easy it is!!
Chicken Sausage for the WIN.
Pin the image below to save this Thai Curry Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Sausage Bake recipe for later!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- 3 cups packed chopped kale or (kale/cabbage mix)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 chicken sausage links, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil to the pan. Add cauliflower rice to the pan and stir to coat then cover and let cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until it starts to get tender.
- Pour that cauliflower rice into a 8×8 baking dish. Add kale and toss to combine.
- In a separate small bowl combine coconut milk, coconut aminos, fish sauce, lime juice, arrowroot powder, curry powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Pour liquid over the cauliflower rice and stir to combine.
- Place chicken sausage slices on the top and push them into the bake a bit.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes then remove the foil and cook for another 10 minutes!