Sweet Potato Toast Cinnamon Rolls
DAY 4!! How are you guys liking Sweet Potato Toast week? I love this week because it not only challenges me to come up with new ways to enjoy SPT but I also hope it encourages YOU to think outside the box when it comes to cooking. There are probably millions of ways to eat a sweet potato and I think it is pretty cool how the world is changing to fit more veggies in any way we can. Who would have thought five years ago that we would easily find cauliflower rice in most grocery stores?? I think that is pretty awesome. But onto this recipe! Sweet Potato Toast Cinnamon Rolls!! So easy and SO FUN. A little ghee and a little cinnamon coconut sugar go a long way to make these rolls of deliciousness. I also drizzled on coconut butter at the end for an icing effect and it was epic.
Day 4 leaves me with few words so I will let the recipe speak for itself today! I took step by step photos for you to see exactly how it was done – enjoy!!
The stack and roll is key!!
More ghee because, why not?
Drizzle for shizzle.
How fun are those layers?
Pin the image below to save this Sweet Potato Toast Cinnamon Rolls!
- sweet potato toast
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine coconut sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl to make cinnamon sugar.
- Take 4 slices of cooked sweet potato toast and brush each on with some ghee, then sprinkle a large pinch of cinnamon coconut sugar over the toast to coat. Lay each piece on top of the other, offset by about an inch (see picture).
- Start from the side with the bottom piece of sweet potato toast and roll it into a cinnamon roll.
- Repeat with however many cinnamon rolls you want.
- Place them into a muffin tin and brush on a little more ghee and sprinkle with a little more cinnamon coconut sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy! I drizzled some melted coconut butter on top of mine for an icing effect!
How to make Sweet Potato Toast:
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. Add to the toaster like you would bread and toast on high. Toast them 2-3 times through until there is browning on both sides and it is cooked through.