Let’s make some Nut Butter! Today’s episode of my How To Series dives into the wonderful world of ground up nuts – featuring my favorite cashews! Watch the video below then we will break it down even further.
Let me ask – did you know it was that easy? Let’s break down the whole raw vs roasted thing:
- CON: Takes a lot longer to break down in the food processor.
- PRO: Is the purest form, no added oils or salt.
- CON: Can have weird oils added if you buy them roasted. Check labels!
- PRO: Breaks down quickly in the food processor.
- PRO: You can roast them yourself! Buy raw nuts and roast them on a sheet pan in one even layer at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Types of nuts you can turn into nut butter:
- To be honest… most any nut works!!
My favorite ways to use Nut Butter:
- Spread on Sweet Potato Toast with banana.
- Eaten with a spoon.
- Drizzled on a smoothie bowl.
- Mixed into a smoothie.
- Spread on a blueberry bagel.
- Stuffed into nut butter cups!
How to Make Nut Butter
- 3 cups roasted nut of your choice
- pinch of salt
- Place nuts in a food processor and blend on high for 7-10 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Raw nuts may take longer to process.
- Add some salt to taste and blend again to combine.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 pitted dates
- Add 1 pod of vanilla beans and 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- Combine a mixture of nuts
- Add 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons maple syrup